Monday 30 January 2012

Free Sound Effects

I was just putting the finishing touches to my latest video (How to make stop-motion explosions in WMM), when it suddenly dawned on me that many people watching tutorials such as these will probably try the techniques out for themselves by copying exactly what I have done..

By that, I mean many will emulate the actual video, because it would make it easier for them to check what they are doing step-by-step.

Now the video, of course they would need to produce for themselves, but any sound-effects used would have to be researched, found and downloaded from the internet (Unless they are going to create their own sounds Foley-style)


So, I thought to myself (as one does), why not just make the sound effects that I have used available on the Meejah website? That way, they could cut to the chase and save themselves a lot of unnecessary time surfing the interwebs.

Even folk who weren't slavishly following the format of the tutorials might be able to find a sound or two which would be useful to them - After all, you can't have too many sound effects!

So from now on, any new sound effects that I use in the production of the Meejah videos will be added to the site for the benefit of all. - To find them just go to Meejah.co.uk and click on the "Free Sound FX" tab - Then, help yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment