Monday 6 February 2012

Zero budget Audio hack.

I'll be honest with you - My video camera is a cheap one - VERY cheap! and the audio produced by it is not the best in the world - In fact it's a bit rubbish.  Living on the edge of Penury as I do, the purchase of a better camera is not an option, so I was forced to find another solution to the problem.

The solution of this problem (which involved the use of my mobile phone), produced really excellent results, and had some wonderful side-benefits that using the mic. in the camera simply couldn't compete with. I now routinely record all my audio seperately using this technique.


One of the benefits is being able to pick up perfect audio at any distance from the camera without the need for radio-mics, field recorders or boom poles.

In this video, I show how to use the technique - It really is simple, requires only a mobile phone and some gaffer tape, and produces excellent results. Check it out in the video below.

BTW. I routinely post any music, or sound effects used in the videos to my website at www.meejah.co.uk They are all licence-free so help yourself if you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment