Tuesday 22 November 2011

Licence-free music - avoid being busted by the Youtube police!

Hi,
Those of you who have ever published more than a handful of videos on Youtube will know that they're pretty keen on copyright issues 'n stuff. Use any old music to back your vids and you could find yourself in hot water with the Youtube police.

I have fallen foul of this myself in the past, and have had video's sound muted, and sometimes had to remove the whole video because my music was not licensed.

If you are hoping to make money from your Youtube videos, then this is vital because Youtube become very, VERY touchy about the use of non-licenced stuff in your monetised vids.

The answer of course is to purchase a license to use said music - but this is not cheap. There are a few places that will give you license-free music to use in your videos, but this is usually for private use only - Put them into a vid that you will be making money off, and you could find them coming after to pay your license fees (and possibly legal fees as well)

Being heartily fed-up with the situation, I now only use music that I have created and produced myself, and I have decided to make my musical efforts available free to anyone who wishes to make their own videos or media projects.

And you can use them in all your projects private OR commercial - That's right, I won't come after you for payment three years down the line, so you are safe. They are quite varied in both style and length of play - Check one out in the video below.

There are very few restrictions as to their use (check them out on the web page), and they will have to be credited in your project - But that's it!

You can find and download them from:  http://meejah.co.uk

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment